Saturday, June 12, 2010

What I learned from the ACT this morning

Hi there alll,

I sat for the ACT this morning. The room I was in didn't have a clock and guess who forgot a watch?  Yes...me.  Oh well.

The English and Math tests went well--or so I think now. (I might find out otherwise when I get my scores.) Perhaps overconfident, I was enjoying the reading passages, thinking I was using the time well, when the proctor announced "5 minutes remaining."  Yikes!  I was still on the 3rd of 4 passages. I hurried on to the last passage and barely finished. I probably made mistakes because of rushing. Then I think I totall bombed the science. By the time that test began, I was in the "hurry" mindset, and couldn't seem to find my concentration again.

We'll see in a few weeks, but I'm betting that my composite for this test is lower than for last year's test.